by Dave Nordling, President, RRS.ORG
The Reaction Research Society is proud to announce our 80th anniversary symposium to be held at the Mary Star of the Sea High School in San Pedro on Saturday, April 15, 2023, from 8am to 5pm. We have 15 speakers and over 20 exhibitions which is on par with our last symposium four years ago before the pandemic.
Mary Star of the Sea High School is at 2500 N. Taper Avenue in San Pedro, California, 90731.
Gates will be open at 7:15AM for exhibitors to set up. The event will start at 8:00AM sharp.
The gymnasium will hold our exhibitors. Room 108 will have the presentations. Seating is limited. All speakers must be present at least 15 minutes ahead of their speaking time.
Below is a tentative list of our speakers. The list is subject to change without notice.
- Opening and first session, 8:00-8:30am, Dave Nordling, President, RRS.ORG
- 8:30-9:00am, by remote, Ichiro Ausin, et al, University of Michigan
- 9:00-9:30am, Dr. Steven Chambreau, Air Force Research Laboratory, Edwards AFB
- 9:30-10:00am, Eric Schmidt, Exquadrum Inc.
- 10:00-10:30am, Mark Ventura, Ventura Energy Systems
- 10:30-11:00am, Dean Theodor, Federal Aviation Administration
- 11:00-11:30am, Julia Woomer et al, USC Rocket Propulsion Laboratory
- 11:30-12noon, Blake Spahr et al., UCLA Rocket Project
- Lunch Break 12:00-1:00pm
- 1:00-1:30pm, Dr. Frank Chandler, California Polytechnic Pomona
- 1:30-2:00pm, Dr. Jerry Fuller, Aerospace Corporation
- 2:00-2:30pm, Tre Willingham et al, Compton Comet
- 2:30-3:00pm, Caleb Phillips and Vijay Mepani, CALFIRE
- 3:00-3:30pm, Jack Caldwell et al, Caltech
- 3:30-4:00pm, Darrell Chua et al, UC San Diego SEDS
- 4:00-4:30pm, Patrick Finley, Lander Challenge
- Closing and thanks, Dave Nordling, President, RRS.ORG
Free tickets on Eventbrite are still available. Many thanks again to Peter Thorpe for his background artwork and to Mary Star of the Sea High School in San Pedro, California, for graciously hosting this event. Food/drinks/snacks will be provided by Mary Star High School.
For questions, please contact our vice president, Frank Miuccio.
Our April 14th monthly meeting will be also held at the Mary Star High School auditorium at 7:30pm. We will discuss a few items of business but largely we will be preparing the site for the next day.
We look forward to celebrating amateur rocketry with the community.