Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Nitric Acid Assay Software

cumming
Nitric Acid Assay Software
on: August 31, 2017, 20:16

Hi Guys,

I used to be a member of RRS a couple of decades ago. I have written some software that determines the impurity levels of H2O and NO2 in a sample of white fuming nitric acid, based on simple conductivity measurements. WFNA is a popular oxidizer, being hypergolic and non-cryogenic. The code is based on some basic research done in the 1950s, and you can find it (together with the original research paper) here:-

https://nitric-acid.sourceforge.io/

This was mostly a vehicle for me to learn C++ programming, but if anybody is interested it is very easy to use. I also give tips on how to make it, if you don't want to pay the exorbitant prices at Mallinckrodt 😮

Check it out!

Duncan Cumming

dnordling
Dave
Re: Nitric Acid Assay Software
on: September 4, 2017, 19:01

Hey Duncan. This looks really neat! It's not a trivial exercise to just go out and learn C++. Well done! I forgot about WFNA as a non-cryo oxidizer. I'll download and run your program soon. If you have any others, please post them.

Do you have experience with nitric acid? Teflon seals are required, but what metals are compatible?

Stop into the monthly meeting in Gardena this Friday if you're in town. You're always welcome.

Dave
secretary@rrs.org

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34; Page loaded in: 0.023 seconds.